Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Things To Do : Maternity Clothes

This is a fun "thing to do" in the two week wait that I have embarked on a few times, ok its not exactly a healthy thing to do.. but let's face it without HOPE each month this journey would be so much harder.

1: Work out when you will be due.. eg. summer , winter... you need to know this so you know how big you will be for each season.

2: Try on your existing clothes to see which will be practical during pregnancy. Make a note of the ones that do fit, or better still stick them to one side of your closest for future reference.

3: If like me you have steadily gained wait since TTC or since a miscarriage or fertility drugs then you may need to sort through your clothes just to see what will fit you next cycle.

4: Make sure old maternity clothes are "ready to go" eg, they are clean, dust free and in fashion. If like me you are wearing maternity clothes now to hide the bloating and extra kg's you have put on then this won't be an issue as they are probably already to go. Though I did notice my old maternity jeans fit my nicely now.. geez.. what a difference a few kg's make.

5: Feel free to stuff a pillow under your tops to see what they will look like, but make sure no one sees you doing this, not even your husband and certainly don't answer the door or go get some milk with the pillow still under your shirt. (This is considered crossing the line)

6: If all else fails, then search maternity websites looking for all the outfits you intend to buy once you are pregnant, set yourself a budget and window shop all the stores to find your maternity collection.

last but not least.... remember that one day... you will be sorting out maternity clothes its just a matter of time, drugs, intervention or a miracle... but it will happen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

One of my favorite things to do when I was getting close was to browse the web for baby clothes and make a list of what I needed for the last minute. Needless to say, I wasn't too happy buying clothes for myself.